Thursday, February 10, 2022

Tasting - Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon

 
Name: Winking Owl Cabernet Sauvignon

Variety: Varietal Wine

Region: Modesto, California

Country: United States

Year: Not on bottle

Price: $2.95

Winery Review: California - Cabernet Sauvignon - 12% ABV - The Cabernet Sauvignon from Winking Owl has complex flavors of plums, berries, toasted oak, and a hint of vanilla. This bold red wine pairs well with pasta, roast beef, and steak.  


Wine Folly: Page 229: Cabernet Sauvignon is discussed to have a rich flavor and a high tannin content. The Napa Valley, California page says that the wine from here offers more hints of black cherry but less tannin contents. I was able to taste black cherry and I was able to feel the tannins. 


My Review: Not as dry as I was expecting. I was able to taste the blackberry and the plum flavors, but I was not getting the toasted oak or vanilla. This was my real first red tasting experience, and I feel as if I need to continue to try different reds to build my palette. I enjoyed it and I was able to feel the tannic component.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tasting - Menage a Trois

Name:   Menage a Trois Variety:  Sweet Wine Blend (Grapes Not Specified) Region:  St. Helena, California Country:  United States Year: Not o...